When you think of a trampoline, a fitness challenge comes to mind. For most people, the first thing that comes to mind is how high you can bounce. Old and young people enjoy the thrill of jumping on the trampoline.
The trampoline is a piece of equipment used in gymnastics for bouncing. The trampoline has a large piece of material, usually a net or a sheet of fabric and springs. The springs are what make it stretchy and give it the ability to make the bouncing effect.
These days, people use it, not only for gymnastics but for fun. Likewise, including the trampoline for weight loss exercises at home is growing in popularity.
As much as bouncing on the trampoline provides a trill, it could be dangerous if you do not use it safely.
Falling off the trampoline can lead to severe injuries. We will be looking at certain mistakes you should avoid while using the trampoline. There are certain things you need to do when getting a trampoline.
Get the Right Trampoline
You should know that there are different types of trampolines, not talking about the indoor or outdoor trampoline. Getting the right one is the first step towards ensuring your safety while using the trampoline.
You do not want to buy an extra large gymnastic trampoline when it is for your kids. Here is a list of the various types of trampolines you can choose from:
- The round trampoline. It is the best for home use. The round trampoline is the best when considering trampoline ideas for kids. The shape makes you bounce at the center and not toward the edge.
Bouncing toward the edge can be pretty risky. You are most likely to fall off the trampoline when you jump toward the edge.
Another great advantage of this type of trampoline is that it has a low bounce. Yes, most people want to bounce high, so they will not want to go for a trampoline with a low bounce.
High-bounce trampolines are for professionals. When you are looking for trampoline ideas for kids or trying to engage in mini trampoline ideas for seniors, then the round trampoline is for you.
- Rectangular trampoline. This is the best outdoor trampoline. Gymnasts prefer to use the rectangular trampoline. The spring on this allows for more bounce than the round trampoline.
Another advantage of this type is it takes up less space than the round trampoline.
- Fitness trampolines are also a favorite among many. They are perfect for a lot of reasons. For starters, the fitness trampoline is portable and can fit even in small spaces. They also support rebounding exercises for seniors.
Overall, they are the best trampoline for you to practice your trampoline workout ideas.
Professionals use this type for their practice. It is great for flexibility exercise and weight loss exercise. The fitness trampoline is excellent for leaps and rebounds. That is what makes it the go-to trampoline for weight loss exercise.
- Others are square and octagonal trampolines.
You should always consider what you intend to use the trampoline for when purchasing one. As stated earlier, the first safety rule when using the trampoline is to get the right type.
Are you looking for the rebounders for seniors or kids? Is it purely for fun or do you intend to incorporate it into your workouts? The size you will get should be one of the first things you consider.
Get a mini trampoline for kids and personal use. The large trampoline is best for professional gymnasts. The size of the trampoline determines the price.
Follow Set up Instructions
The next thing you have to consider is setting up the trampoline. While you can set up a trampoline alone, you should get someone to help you. Some companies that sell trampolines also offer set-up services. Whether you choose to set it up yourself or get someone to do it, the important thing is to fix it right.
Here are some of the things you must do during setup:
- Ensure that all the parts of the trampoline are complete
- Find the best location to assemble it. Most people prefer outdoor trampoline to indoor trampoline, as their backyard comes with more space.
Wherever you choose to locate yours, make sure that the space is big enough to fit in the trampoline. Clear up the area if need be.
- Read through the instructions given by the company
- Get all the necessary tools you will need to set up
- Organize the parts for ease. You don’t want to go through everything each time you need to find a piece.
- Make sure you fix everything in the right place
- Test the trampoline to ensure it is working well.
Remember, you do not have to fix it yourself. You should call a professional to set it up if you cannot. The money you will pay a maintenance specialist is better than having an accident because you failed to set it up correctly.
3. Use With Care
There are a lot of things you need to do to ensure your safety while using the trampoline. Using a safety net is one such thing. It would be best if you were cautious at all times when using the trampoline.
Mistakes to Avoid When Using the Trampoline
Here are some of the mistakes you need to avoid when using the trampoline. Carelessness can lead to grievous injury.
- Refusing to set up correctly is one big mistake people make. We earlier stated why this is important. Not following the setup instructions will likely lead to injury. Take your time to ensure you do this right.
- Buying the incorrect size is another one as big is not always the best. This is especially the case for trampoline users. Except for professional use, you should stick to a moderate-size trampoline. We have also discussed earlier why you need to buy the right trampoline.
- Children love to jump and bounce. Parents should never allow their kids on the trampoline without a chaperone. Someone should be on the lookout, so they don’t get injured. Toddlers should not bounce on the trampoline. Older kids can trample on them while bouncing.
- You should set up your trampoline preferably in an area with grass. This will help cushion the force in case of a fall. Do not set up on hard surfaces. Do not set up close to water, trees, and other things that are likely to worsen the situation in case of a fall.
- Do not postpone any repair on the trampoline. Fix any holes or broken springs as soon as you notice them.
- Overcrowding a trampoline is very unwise. There should be enough space for everyone on a trampoline. This will help you avoid trampling and pushing.
- We know there is always the temptation to jump high. Avoid this at all costs. Somersault and jumping too high on a trampoline are risky.
- There are protective pads you can use to cover the frame and springs. They are for your safety, so you need to use them. They will help cushion any forced contact with the spring or edges.
Safety should always be your watchword when using the trampoline. You do not want yourself or your kids to bounce into injury. Injury sustained while using a trampoline can be fatal.
This is why you need to ensure you do not do anything that will jeopardize your safety for any reason. We have tried to make a list of the things you will need to do to avoid injury. We advise you to follow all the necessary instructions to keep safe.