What is a helicopter tour to Mount Everest like? Typically, it’s a two-hour flight that takes you around the world’s highest peak. You’ll soar over some of the most spectacular scenery in Nepal, with its grand ice walls, glaciers, and epic mountain peaks.
The helicopter tour begins by taking off from Kathmandu International Airport and circumnavigating Mount Everest along its south face, affording an incredible view of the summit and its many surrounding peaks. The helicopter then flies up to 8,000 meters (26,000 ft) above sea level for a close look at the Khumbu Glacier on the north side of Mount Everest.
What You Can Expect on Your Journey
When going to an Everest base camp helicopter tour with landing, the helicopter tour takes you on a once-in-a-lifetime journey, providing incredible views of the region’s vast mountains and deep valleys. You’ll be able to see Mount Everest in its full glory, with its majestic summit towering above everything else.
The whole experience will be made even more memorable by the knowledgeable pilot who can point out many of the area’s most impressive sights as well as provide interesting facts about Nepal’s history and culture. After landing at base camp, you’ll have the opportunity to explore this fascinating place for yourself and take some truly amazing photographs.
Tips for Making the Most Out of Your Flight
If you want to ensure you make the most out of your flight, here are some great tips you should follow:
- Book your flight in advance: This will ensure you get the best rate and have a secure booking.
- Bring your camera: You’ll want to make sure you capture every moment of this once-in-a-lifetime experience, so make sure to bring your camera!
- Dress Warmly: The higher altitudes can be quite cold, so it’s important to dress accordingly.
- Listen to Your Pilot: A pilot with knowledge of the area is invaluable and their insight can really add to your journey.
- Pack Lightly: The helicopters only have limited space, so keep your luggage light and don’t bring anything unnecessary.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated throughout the tour, especially at high altitudes.
- Enjoy the Experience: Take in the breathtaking views and make sure to enjoy every moment of your journey!
Safety Considerations During the Tour
The helicopter tour to the base camp of Everest is a thrilling experience, but it’s important to remember that safety should always be your top priority. The aircraft are maintained in accordance with the highest safety standards, and the pilots all have extensive experience flying in this region.
Make sure you listen carefully to pre-flight instructions from your pilot and follow all rules during the flight. Additionally, make sure you’re aware of any altitude-related issues like hypoxia or mountain sickness so that you can alert your pilot if necessary.
Other Things to Remember
In addition to being prepared and aware of safety considerations, there are other important points to remember on your helicopter tour. For example, make sure you check the weather before setting off on your journey and be aware that flights can sometimes be delayed due to bad weather.
Additionally, it’s important to keep in mind that high altitudes can cause discomfort so it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor before flying if you have any medical conditions or take medication regularly.
Overall, a helicopter tour to the Everest base camp is an experience like no other. Whether you’re admiring the stunning vistas from above or exploring the area for yourself, this is an adventure that will stay with you forever!
By following these tips and keeping safety in mind, you’ll be able to have a truly special and unforgettable experience. So don’t miss out – book your helicopter tour today!