September 10th, 2012Using a Swaddling Blanket- Swaddledesigns Giveaway
Swaddling is the art of wrapping a baby in a blanket so that their arms are positioned snugly at their sides. Swaddling can be used to help settle your baby down when they are fussy. Another great reason to swaddle your baby is that it has been known to help reduce some of the risks associated with SIDS by keeping your baby on their back. During the first month of your newborns life having your baby swaddled will make them fell snug and secure like when they were in your womb. Studies showed infants between six and 16 weeks of age sleep longer and awake less spontaneously when swaddled.
It can be a challenge to learn how to swaddle a baby properly using a standard blanket. Most receiving blankets aren’t large enough to properly swaddle a growing infant. Lynette Damir, RN, CEO and Creative Director, of SwaddleDesigns used her medical background and design education from the Art Institute of Seattle to develop the Ultimate Swaddling Blanket. The blankets are large and square with swaddling instructions sewn to the edge of the blanket, so parents have an effective swaddling technique at their fingertips.
SwaddleDesigns offers over 100 swaddling blankets – offering a wide selection of colors, collections Sand fabric options so you can select the appropriate fabric for your baby.
SwaddleLite contains a set of 3 lightweight breathable openweave high quality cotton Marquisette Swaddling Blankets in a gift box. Marquisette is an ideal fabric for swaddling in warmer environments and climates. The open weave cotton fabric is breathable and allows for airflow. SwaddleDesigns marquisette is custom made using superior quality cotton yarns created from long, smooth, high quality cotton.
Swattlelite is versatile – sand can be used as a playmat for tummy time, or a privacy throw for breastfeeding. We love our SwaddleDesigns blankets and my daughter looks forward to using them with our grandchild.
SwaddleDesigns Safe Sleep Program strives to educate new parents and caregivers using the most current research to increase awareness of safe sleep practices and to help reduce the risk of SIDS. Many medical experts recommend a sleep environment of 65-70°F or around 20°C. The Ultimate Receiving Blanket is an appropriate weight for this temperature range for most babies. Because every baby is unique and because no blanket can naturally regulate a baby’s temperature it is very inportant to check on your baby periodically. Should you find your baby sweaty, unwrap them from the swaddle immediately!
SwaddleDesigns products are known for their great quality and long lasting value that moms and babies love and enjoy for years. SwaddleDesigns is also well respected by the medical community – often recommended by pediatricians, nurses, doulas, newborn care instructors. For more information on how to swaddle and to purchase your own swaddle blankets visit SwaddleDesigns.com/how-to-swaddle.
SwaddleDesigns Swaddling Blnaket Giveaway
Enter to win your choice of SwaddleLite – a set of 3 lightweight breathable openweave high quality cotton Marquisette Swaddling Blankets in a gift box.
These two things must be done for other entries to count. Giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents 18 years and over. One person per household may enter. Giveaway ends October 1st at 8:00 pm EST.
- Follow @SwaddleDesigns on Twitter and tweet about your favorite using the hash tag @SwaddleDesigns and @Todayswomanco
- Like Swaddle Designs on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swaddle-Designs/75007265931#!/pages/Swaddle-Designs/75007265931 and post what their favorite SwaddleDesigns print or product is. Facebook fans get the inside scoop, previews of new collections and Fan DISCOUNTS!
- Pin your favorite product on Pinterest
- Follow us on Twitter @todayswomanco
- Like us on Facebook
- Leave a comment on Children Bathtime safety- Water thermometers.
- Leave a comment on Making homemade Baby Food just got easier with Bébé from Hamilton Beach.
- Tweet daily: Going shopping for new items for your baby? Here are some must haves @Todayswomanco http://bit.ly/TLSVjm
- Sign up for Swaddledesigns exclusive email club, and get the inside scoop for special offers: http://tinyurl.com/5uyh3ck
- Tweet three times daily: Win a package of @SwaddleDesigns swaddles blankets at @Todayswomanco http://bit.ly/TLWpCy
Congratulation to Pamalot